Monday, October 11, 2010

eat: black bean quesadillas

This is one of my favorite week night meals. I got this recipe from my precious friend, Jessica. Jess and I have been friends since we were 12. We have had LOTS of great times. Some of my fondest memories, are those we had right after college. We were both single and living by ourselves. Shopping, eating and going out were just a few of our favorite things to do together. We also liked to try different recipes...and attempt to cook. Some things turned out great! Well, this is one of those yummy recipes I stole from my dear friend. It is super easy and just delicious!
Mexico 2007
Ingredients 2 cans of 15 oz black beans (I prefer fat free) 1 tbsp olive oil 1/2 c cilantro chopped 2 c roma tomatoes 1 1/2 tsp garlic jalapenos chopped (if you like the kick) grated Mexican cheese flour tortillas Directions 1. Heat up the olive oil. Add the garlic and roast for 30 seconds. Add beans, tomatoes, cilantro and jalapenos. Cook for five minutes. 2. Put the oven on broil. Spray the bottom of the tortilla lightly with Pam. Put cheese on tortilla, then add black bean mixture, and then more cheese. Top with second tortilla and make sure to spray the top of the tortilla with Pam. 3. Put in oven. When the tortilla starts to look brown and toasty, flip. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment