Monday, September 13, 2010

Decor Ideas/Inspiration

We've been in our lovely home for over a year now. We've done quite a bit already: paint, drapes, new patio, lots of new furniture, etc. The one room that was lacking any attention, was our bedroom. I'm OBSESSED with decorating magazines and blogs, so I've been trying to figure out just what I wanted to do. Our original bedding was black and greyish/goldish. Very dark. For the most part, I love bolder colors in my home...but I knew I wanted to lighten things up a bit in the bedroom. I picked up a magazine called, Decor. I found exactly what I was looking for. I decided to go with a "slatey" blue wall color with taupe and ivory bedding, along with gold accents. I've been searching forever for the perfect bedding and finally found it. The room was painted last weekend, so now I need to work on the fun part: the accessories!
A work in progress...
You can see our ivory silk duponi drapes in this picture. I haven't gotten them just like I want them quite yet. EVENTUALLY we would love to add hard wood floors and crown molding.

We do have some space on the opposite wall where I'd love to do shelving with family pictures. Here are the crown molding shelves I love from Pottery Barn (in espresso).

I just like this whole look of the shelves in the corner. Obviously we wouldn't have them this low to the ground, but I do love this. OR we could just do a full photo gallery, no shelving. (I already have something similar to this in my living room though.) What are YOUR thoughts/suggestions???

1 comment:

  1. We have actually been talking about what we want to do to the house once Brian moves back home. Our bedroom downstairs is painted a steely blue as well! We're hoping to go with a black and white theme there...And we are hoping to remodel the upstairs, since it looks like the inside of a log cabin! Yikes!

    I really like your bedroom with the colors you chose! Very calm, serene, yet still alive with the gold. I like it very much! I like the corner shelving and the crown molding shelves, since you can always change what's on it without having to make new holes in the wall with the collage theme.

    Ooo I wish we lived closer so that we could go shopping together! We are totally in the same boat here! We're just not doing much until Bri comes home....

    Best of luck! Can't wait to come down and see it finished some time :)

    ReplyDelete