Monday, September 13, 2010

The Graduate

Well, Derek did it! He graduated from Seton Hall with his masters in Strategic Communication and Leadership...with a 3.8! For those of you who don't know, Derek decided to go back to school when we were just about to get married. With his hectic schedule, he figured an online program would be the best bet. He did a lot of research and found Seton Hall, which is in Elizabeth, New Jersey. I thought it was a great idea, and honestly thought that with it being an online program, it would be a breeze. Boy was I wrong. The program with anything BUT a breeze. Derek is amazing when it comes to time management. He always tried to get all of his "school stuff" done at work, so he could come home to me and just relax. (Oh and P.S. He began this program 1 month after we got married...1 MONTH!) We knew it would be tough, but totally worth it in the long run.
I don't know how he did it all. I don't know how he managed to make it all work...his job, school, ME, and the children (Kar and Coop, of course). I'm not quite sure I would have been able to manage it as well as he has. Anyway, this weekend Derek had his final BIG presentation, as well as some smaller ones. To celebrate, Derek made reservations at a little Italian restaurant in NYC for Friday night. We took the train and had an amazing evening. I absolutely love NYC! I wish we could have spent more time, but hey, I didn't think we'd be able to go this time!
Date Night

Best Cheesecake EVER!

Saturday night, there was a dinner for all of the graduates and their families. Unfortunately, my parents and Derek's parents were unable to make it. Derek's brother, Brian was able to come. It meant so much to us that he was able to be there. All of the graduates got to stand up and thank their families for their love and support throughout this experience. It was so touching. After dinner, we had a few drinks at the bar with Brian. The "Beeman" in Derek really comes out when he's around his family. It's something I LOVE to see.

Saturday Night

Brian and D

Sunday was graduation day! I am so proud of my husband for this huge accomplishment. Something, I'm not so sure I could do. He is so amazing and I'm so blessed to be married to such a precious man. WAY TO GO BABY!

The Graduate...Derek Allen Beeman Derek's Learning Team and Professors Dr. Wooden (Derek's fave professor AND John Wooden's neice)

No comments:

Post a Comment