Monday, March 14, 2011

The Nursery

So before finding out the sex of our Bee, I didn't buy much. In fact, I was so convinced we were having a boy that everything I had picked out/ideas I had for the nursery were BOY BOY BOY! The only thing I knew for sure was that I wanted a wrought iron crib. I loved the idea of all of our baby Beemans using it AND possibly passing it down to Alli once she had babies.
I fell (head over heels) IN LOVE with the Bratt Venetian crib in antique white. It was so easy for me to picture our little Clara Beth in it. My sweet mom and dad bought the crib for us and it will be here in May! I cannot wait!
I knew I wanted to go with a "vintagey"/"antiquey" look for the nursery. Light pinks, neutral colors, ivory... I found this gorgeous rug from Layla Grace and knew it was perfect. Very femine and soft. I am patiently awaiting the arrival of the rug. The bedding was so hard for me to decide on. UGH! I knew exactly what I wanted but could not find it anywhere! I wanted something simple and easy to care for. I loved the look of linen...but come on, how practical would that be? I ended up finding this custom crib skirt on Etsy. I didn't want a print on the skirt so I'm going with a solid taupe (and there will only be three tiers). I wanted a solid pink crib bumper. Seriously should not be hard to find, right? I finally found this one at Restoration Hardware Baby. I love the soft pink and I think it will look so pretty with the ruffled crib skirt.
So I kind of feel like I've done a lot so far. I'm just ready to get everything in so we can start putting it all together!!! Now I've got to try to convince D that a chandelier in our little girl's room is a FANTASTIC idea!

1 comment:

  1. Such a darling nursery look! I was the opposite of you (convinced i was having a girl and picked out all things girly...then had a boy! go figure!) congrats again, i'm so glad you are enjoying pregnancy and all the fun little moments (feelin' the flutters post!) only thing better than pregnancy is motherhood! enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete