Saturday, March 5, 2011

We are Tickled PINK!!!

So Monday, February 28th was the BIG day! The day we were to find out if we would be having a baby boy or a baby girl. All along, Derek and I had been seeing blue. Our families were split right down the middle on their guesses. The only thing that was certain...this baby was going to be a soccer player! (Like Daddy of course!) Derek and I left work early for Dr. Levin's office. We had to wait almost an hour and a half. We were the last couple waiting. When we sat down in the room with the US technician, she told us that we were her 17th US today and that she had several babies not cooporate when finding out the sex. I told her right away that my mom said not to leave until we knew...AND that tomorrow was my birthday so she just HAD to give us an answer. So right off the bat, she went in to find out what we would be having. Pretty much right away, she told us we were having a little girl! She showed us the three little white lines. (D made her go back a second time just in case). We were in shock. Derek's first thought was...the cost of her wedding! We were beyond thrilled, not to mention surprised! We had just known we would be having a boy...especially with all those Beeman boys! I know it's hard to tell in the US picture, but right under the words "It's a girl", you can see the three little white lines indicating girl.

The next picture is my favorite. Her little mouth would open and close. She looks like she is smiling in this picture. I think she knew this was her big debute so she was trying to be extra cute! You can even see her little round belly!

She looks a little more serious in this one. She was wiggeling and dancing up a storm for us! I think the three Hershey Kisses I ate before helped a little!

She was a little shy in this picture. But I love how you can see her arm. She was really preforming for us! She would tuck her little hands under her chin and "pose", then she'd put them behind her head. I could have watched her all day!

Her little mouth is closed in this one. We could see her precious heart beating. What a beautiful little miracle!

After we finished up with the US technician, we went in to talk with Dr. Levin (who I love by the way). She said everything looks great...so that was the best news! We got to hear her heart beat again...146 bpm. I just cannot even begin to describe the love I already have for my little one. God has blessed us in so many ways. I just pray that I can be as loving and Godly as my own momma.

On to the name! Her name is Clara Elizabeth. Clara is my dad's grandmother and Elizabeth is my middle name. We had our girl and boy names picked out way ahead of time so it was very easy. I love her name and love that I can start refering to Baby Bee as Clara. My family has always called me Ashlee Beth, so Pop Pop (my daddy) has already started calling her Clara Beth. So special.

No comments:

Post a Comment