Saturday, May 15, 2010

First Blog EVER

So I have been wanting to try this blogging thing for a while now. I thought it was a really great way to keep my extended family "in the know" with what's been going on in our busy lives. (Especially since my precious husband doesn't always give his family all the detailed scoop.) :) Anyway, my lovely friend Caroline started a blog for her little family, so I thought I'd be a copy cat and try it out. Please bear with me as I try to figure it all out. 2010 has been quite a year for us. We got married last February and moved out to Katy (aka the "burbs") in June. We've had more fun turning this house into our "home sweet home." We've done quite a bit already, but still have a ways to go. Derek is most excited about our brand new patio! We are so pleased with it, and have been taking full advantage of it since the weather has been so nice. Once we've found the perfect patio furniture, I'll post pics. We FINALLY had a reason to have all of our friends and family come over to the house to enjoy our new patio...Derek's big 3-O! Poor guy, he was really dreading the whole "getting older" thing. However, he got over that real quick when his brother, Greg, surprised him by coming in for the big party... all the way from Michigan! Believe it or not, I didn't even ruin the surprise! It really was the best birthday present. Many of our family and friends were able to come for D's special day. I put together a book of "special memories" for Derek. Without him knowing, I had contacted all of our family and friends, asking them to write a special memory or funny/embarassing story they have of Derek. I put them together in an album and presented it to the birthday boy at the party. I know it meant the world to him...so a special thank you to each and every one of you for making this birthday the "best one ever" (according to D!) Here are a few pics from the partay!
Made with love by Alf, Keller and Me
Derek and Greg
Papa, Sarah & Kels came in town
Megan & I
My wonderful grandparents
Adam and D...in matching polos
Late night!
So again, bear with me as I try to figure this all out. I will try to keep the posts and pictures up to date. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment