Monday, May 31, 2010

eat: cilantro lime shrimp

So I've been trying lots of new recipes. Some are great and some are not so great. I thought I'd share the really great ones. This cilantro lime shrimp is quick, easy and light...perfect for summer! Ingredients 1/2 c olive oil 3 cloves garlic, pressed 1 tsp dried thyme 1/4 c chopped fresh cilantro 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and minced 1 tsp paprika 1 tsp coarse salt 1 tsp brown sugar 1 tsp ground cumin 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper juice of 2 limes 1 1/2 to 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined 1 c rice (I use brown rice), cooked according to package directions Directions Whisk together all the ingredients except the shrimp and rice in a medium bowl. Add the Shrimp to the mixture and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Place the shrimp and marinade in a skillet, and cook over medium-high heat until the shrimp turn pink, about 5 minutes. Serve over rice. {Recipe comes from "Peace Meals:" A Cookbook by The Junior League of Houston, Inc. } ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. I love the recipe! I need to try it:) I just got a wonderful tilapia recipe Missy gave me. Its sooo good! I will post. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete