Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Clara is Three Months Old!

{CLARA'S STATS}
  • 14 - 15 pounds (based on us getting on the scale with her)
{FEEDING}
Clara is still eating pumped breastmilk. We are so thankful my supply has not dwindled. Fingers crossed it will stay the same when I go back to work in three weeks. Clara is eating 4 - 4.5 ounces every 2.5 - 3 hours. It comes out to about 27 to 30 ounces a day. She loves to eat and is thriving!

{SLEEPING}

  • Our little love is mostly going 6 to 7.5 hours each night! YAY! Just getting that uninterrupted sleep is HUGE. She typically goes down for the night after her last feeding, which is often between 9:00 - 10:30...which is still pretty late. BUT, D and I are night owls so it isn't so much of an issue. We will lay in bed with little bit until that last feeding, get some cuddles in, and put her down. She is still in the rock - n- play. Once she outgrows the rock-n-play, we will move her to her pack-n-play, which is also in our room. She hates her crib right now (which I try just during nap time). Judge all you want, but I love having her in our room. :)
  • She is getting a little more consistent with her naps. I put her in her crib once each day to TRY to get her nap, but she always ends up waking herself up and has to go in the rock-n-play. Maybe it's cozier to her? I'm not quite sure. She sleeps best on mommy...she took almost a two hour nap yesterday! But, I want her to get used to going down in her rock-n-play for now. So...we're still workign on it. For the most part, she takes 3 20 - 30 minute naps...but like I said, sometimes we get lucky and she'll take an even longer one.

{CLOTHING}

  • We just moved her up to size two diapers. I'm hoping she will wear them for a while because she has a lot of room in them.
  • Clothing varies. She can wear SOME three month things, depending on the store. But for the most part, the 0-3 month clothes are a little snug. So she's in 3-6 and 6-9 month clothes now. Like I said last month, I try to buy bigger so she can wear it longer.

{PERSONALITY}

  • Oh my goodness is she showing her little personality! I feel like things just keep getting better and better each month! She has started giggling...and oh, is it the most precious sound. I love that our home is full of giggles and squeals now. It is the best thing in the world!
  • She is crazy about her daddy! When Daddy comes home, he comes straight over to Clara and he gets the biggest grin from her. She'll grin, and then be all bashful and look away, then look back at him and squeal. It is one of my favorite things. There is something so special about a daddy and his little girl. Something that lasts a lifetime (take it from a girl who is crazy about her own daddy!)
  • She loves books. She has just begun to "pay attention" as I read to her. She will coo and "read with momma" as I read. I hope hope hope her love for books continues to grow.
  • She is our little drama momma! She will do this little fake cry thing, and then burst out into a grin or a giggle. Oooooh she is playing us! It's actually pretty funny though.
  • She's still my snuggle bug. She loves to be held and cuddled. She just melts into you when you hold her. She loves kisses and loves to give her "kisses" back to anyone and everyone...including her puppies Karlie and Cooper.
  • She still does not like tummy time...not one little bit! There have been times where it has litterally ruined her day because of it. I use the boppy to prop her up, but she just won't have. She gets very angry...and her little stork bites on her forehead and eye get so red! I'm just hoping when she's ready, she will really love it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a huge fan of the rock n play!! We love it, no judging here, because Case still sleeps in his! We had him in his crib at one point, but he kept rolling to his stomach and waking himself up. He sleeps in it in his room, and he sleeps 12 hrs at night!

    ReplyDelete