Monday, October 31, 2011

Coming to an End...

The time I've been dreading, since July 13, is here. This is my last full week of maternity leave. Time has truly never moved so fast. I cannot even begin to express how blessed I have been to have gotten this much time with my Clara Beth. I will have had 16 weeks with my precious baby. This time I've had with her will be something I will forever cherish. I've gotten so much more time than most mommies...but that doesn't make it any easier.
There is so much I'm going to miss. I'm going to miss cuddling with her in bed after her first morning feeding. Daddy would feed her around 5:00, while I pumped. Then, she always came back to bed with mommy. She's the best little cuddle bug. We would then often sleep until 8:00. I loved just looking over at her when she finally woke up for the day...big brown eyes with a big ole grin. MELTS.MY.HEART.
I'm going to miss having my coffee with her in my arms. By the time I had my coffee, she would often already be back asleep for her morning nap. Then, we would just lie in the recliner together and cuddle some more. I know I should probably put her in her crib...but that morning nap is mommy and Clara time. A time I would spend staring at her, in awe of what God had blessed us with.
I'm going to miss our morning walks. Now that the weather has been nice, we take a walk each morning. Clara would often stay awake for the first part, sometimes "talking" with mommy. But that didn't last long. Little Miss would be asleep before too long.
I'm even going to miss looking at the clock and realizing it's 2:00 and I'm still in my jammies! (Something I swore I'd never do!) HA! Sometimes everyone needs a jammie day! :)
I really could go on and on. I know I will still have beautiful, precious moments with my little girl. I know being a teacher gives me more opportunities to spend with her, as far as holidays go. I know I've gotten 16 weeks with her. But that doesn't mean that going back to work won't be the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I don't want to miss a single thing.
I am so thankful that God blessed us with this amazing little girl. This tiny bit has brought me more joy than I knew was even possible. Clara Beth, your mommy loves your more than you know.

4 comments:

  1. aww, i know that's going to be so hard! maybe wear her in your baby bjorn (sp?) under your old maternity shirts and tell everyone you're having trouble losing your baby weight??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your girl is just so sweet!! She is just gorgeous! I know you have loved each and every moment with her!! I will be thinking of you next week and saying lots of prayers for mommy and Clara.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashlee, I am at my computer in tears!! I know this is incredibly difficult for you, but just know that I am going to love on her all day for you! I promise she is in well seasoned loving hands! We know everything there is to know about little princesses. I plan to spoil Miss Clara rotten for the few short weeks that she is in my care. I will bring her to see you anytime you want!! She will just be right across the street!! You are such a wonderful, loving Mommy and Clara Beth is one lucky little girl to have you!! They say it takes a village to raise a child, and I feel blessed to be a part of that "village."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashlee I just found your blog on fb! Clara is such a precious angel- what a cutie! I def know how hard going back to work is, but she will do great! Just makes the time you do spend with her that much more special! Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete