Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Nursery...switching gears (kind of)

Last week, I got Clara's crib bumper in the mail from Restoration Hardware Baby. Well...I HATED the color. It was a really wierd pink that did not go with the rug I had. So I decided to send that back. Then, I recieved the fabric swatch for the crib skirt I was having made. Again...yuck, I hated it. Back to square one. I will admit, I was in panic mode. I am very particular and know exactly what I want when it comes to the nursery, and had been looking FOREVER (even before I found out she was a SHE).
Well, I have an amazing home room mom this year, who has AMAZING taste. She called me and told me she was getting rid of her youngest daughter's crib bedding. I went over to look at it and fell in love with the crib skirt. It is ballet pink dupioni silk and gorgeous. And it looked great with the rug. So we've got the crib skirt! Now onto the bumper.
After posting that I was looking for a seamstress in Houston on facebook, I had a few people tell me to get in touch with Jerry Manto (who is one of our music teachers). I spoke with Jerry and she is able to sew the bumper! YAY! My mom and I went all over Houston trying to find the perfect fabric. We ended up finding a gorgeous melon quilted fabric with embroidered dots. The dots are the same ballet pink as the crib skirt. So the melon quilted fabric will be the actual bumper fabric. Then, we found this gorgeous sheer scroll fabric which will be the ruffle on top of the bumper and the bows that tie to the crib. I am so excited I can hardly stand it. I am just so ready to start putting things together. We just don't have anything to put together yet!
I am hoping to find a dresser we can use for a changing table. I'd be happy finding something super inexpensive that we can refinish and add some cute knobs. I found these adorable owl knobs at Anthropologie. We always LOVE a project!My grandmother, Sarah, is giving me my great-grandmother's gold beveled mirror we will hang above the dresser. I would love to find little antique plates to possibly hang above the crib. I like things a little more symmetrical as far as the plates go, but below are a few pictures I found. I will also use fewer plates. I also adore the little owl light switch cover from Anthropologie (are you noticing a trend?) We really need to decide on the glider now though. Sooooo...that's where we are as far as the nursery goes. I am loving every minute of this and cannot wait to have a room set up all for our little Bee.

1 comment:

  1. I love EVERYTHING so far and cannot wait to see it all put together. It sounds beautiful! I also love the owls. I'm sure Aunt Alli does too;) Go CHI O!!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete